Want to learn how to skateboard? Book group skateboarding lesson at Riverslide Skate Park.
Our lessons are focused on fun and based around building confidence and skills in a safe and supportive environment. Riverslide holds regular skateboard lessons for beginner to advanced riders aged five and up.
If you would like to join an existing group lesson as an individual, the following group sessions run each week, subject to availability (bookings required):
- First Push (beginner, ages five to 14): Saturday and Sunday at 12:00pm
- Skate Club
- Girls skateboarding lessons
- Go Girls (girls-only, beginner, ages five to 14): Saturdays at 2:00pm
- Progression Session (girls-only, beginner, ages 14+): Wednesdays at 6:00pm
- Adult Skateboard Group Class (beginner, 18 and over): Mondays at 6:00pm
- New to skateboarding or learning the basics – standing, rolling on a flat surface, pushing and turning
- Requires assistance rolling down small ramps
- Able to confidently stand, push and turn on a skateboard
- Can use the skate park and roll on ramps independently
- Can ollie and is learning to perform tricks on ramps
- Able to drop in on quarter pipes
Riverslide can provide both skateboards and equipment, if you have any questions please contact us.
Bookings and prices
To view prices, availability and secure your place, book online below.
Please note that Riverslide Skate Park is an outdoor venue and lessons are subject to cancellations due to weather. See our booking conditions below.
Bookings open 14 days in advance (to the minute).
Please note that Riverslide Skate Park is an outdoor venue and lessons are subject to cancellations due to weather.
In the interest of participant safety and in the event of extreme weather conditions, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel an event or program at short notice. An email will be sent if the class is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, and a product return will be allocated to your account. Please contact the venue on 9663 0495 if you are unsure about weather conditions.
Cancellations made no later than 60 minutes before your booking will result in a skate product return (valid for 90 days) being added to your online customer account. You can use this on your next equivalent booking. Bookings cannot be cancelled after your booking or less than 60 minutes prior and are not allocated a product return.
More about the following group lessons
Skate Club is a group session, ideal for both intermediate and advanced skateboarders. Skate Club provides a supportive learning environment with a social focus. It's more of group mentoring program rather than a lesson. Skate Club (Intermediate) is suitable for ages five to 15. Skate Club (Advanced) is suitable for ages five to 17. We recommend that beginners complete at least one private lesson before joining Skate Club.
We provide a supportive environment for girls and young women to learn to skate. We offer 'Go Girls' – a fun-focused, group skateboarding lesson for girls from five to 14 years of age. We also offer 'Progression Session' – a social and supportive skateboarding lesson for girls aged 14 and over, including young women aged 18 and over.